After about 6 months of school work and other priorities I finally finished board #9, 5'7'' fish. I posted more about the design and shaping of the board in early january and this is the finished product. This was my first time doing glass on fins and a resin tint. The resin tint was tough because the pigment accentuates any flaws you may have during lamination. So to cover up my uneven lap lines I decided to paint the bottom :). Glassing on the fins went pretty well to my surprise. I set the fins with hot glue to get my angles even and then used UV resin so I could take my time laying up each one. Overall I am happy with the board. It certainly has its flaws but I think it is going to be fun for the small summer swells. Can't wait to ride it!
- Glass on fins. Al Merrick wooden keels.